Talend Solutions Architect
Wavicle Data Solutions is looking for a highly skilled Talend Solutions Architect to serve as the lead Solution/Technical Architect and Subject Matter Expert for customer experience data solutions across multiple data sources. The ideal candidate will also collaborate with the Enterprise Architect and client IT team to establish and implement strategic initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with both technical and business stakeholders to understand current state, future needs and develop solution alternatives.
- Conduct discovery sessions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform requirement analysis, create architectural models, high level effort estimation.
- Make recommendations and assesses solution proposals.
- Identify operational issues, recommend and implement strategies to resolve problems.
- Clearly communicate (verbally and in written form) with business users to describe the technical solution, and address questions from the business regarding the technical solution.
- Drive end-to-end solution architecture integrity and the functional relationship with other projects and applications, consistent with long term architectural roadmap.
- Validate the alignment of solutions with corporate standards and compliance requirements.
- Develop technical design specifications that can be used by solutions/systems engineers to produce detailed technical design documentation.
- Have knowledge and ability to assess impacts of proposed solution and the need to engage build resources that may be required to modify configuration or code to support implementation of the solution.
- Follows established architectural standards, frameworks, and policies to ensure conformity and impacts to architecture standards for design under review.
- Talend ETL Development, maintains and supports sustainable data movement and transformation for the enterprise-data warehouse and database technologies.
- Apache Spark design and development experience using Scala, Java, Python or Data Frames with Resilient Distributed Datasets (RDDs).
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a directly related discipline
- 10+ years of relevant experience in ETL, Data Management or Data Integration
- 5+ years in Talend as Senior Developer.
- Must have experience on Talend Modules – TAC, TMC, Data Integration, Data Quality, ESB, API Design and Services and Big Data Frameworks.
- Experience working on Talend Cloud Management Console Public API enabling users to manage Talend Management Console (TMC) from an external system (for example, a scheduler, script, or program).
- Experienced Talend Architect and proficient in designing and developing mappings, transformations, sessions and workflows, and deploying integration solutions.
- Extensive experience in ETL methodology for performing Data Profiling, Data Migration, Extraction Transformation and Loading using Talend.
- Must have worked on Talend Data Integration for 5+ years in Cloud environment and experience with Talend Admin Console (TAC)
- Experience in delivering quality work on time with multiple, competing priorities.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills to interface with development team members, business analysts, and project management. Excellent analytical skills.
- Experience in identifying, analyzing and translating business requirements into conceptual, logical and physical data models in complex, multi-application environments.
- Experience with Agile and Scaled Agile Frameworks.
- Experience in identifying and documenting data integration issues, challenges such as duplicate data, non-conformed data, and unclean data. Multiple platform development experience.
- Strong experience in performance tuning of ETL processes using Talend.
- Experience in Cloud technologies such as AWS/Azure or Google cloud.
- Experience in using cloud components and connectors to make API calls for accessing data from cloud storage (Amazon S3) in Talend Open Studio.
- Development experience in DBs like Oracle, AWS Redshift, AWS RDS, Postgres and Snowflake.
- Experience with Python and a major relational database.
- Experience in Hadoop ecosystem tools for real-time or batch data ingestion
- Talend Certification a strong plus