About the Role
We are looking for a highly skilled Data Engineering Architect with strong Talend implementation experience to serve as the lead Solution/Technical Architect and Subject Matter Expert for customer experience data solutions across multiple data sources. The ideal candidate will collaborate with the Enterprise Architect and the client IT team to establish and implement strategic initiatives.
- Work with both technical and business stakeholders to understand current state, future needs and develop solution alternatives.
- Conduct discovery sessions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform requirement analysis, create architectural models, high level effort estimation.
- Make recommendations and assesses solution proposals.
- Identify operational issues, recommend and implement strategies to resolve problems.
- Clearly communicate (verbally and in written form) with business users to describe the technical solution, and address questions from the business regarding the technical solution.
- Drive end-to-end solution architecture integrity and the functional relationship with other projects and applications, consistent with long term architectural roadmap.
- Validate the alignment of solutions with corporate standards and compliance requirements.
- Develop technical design specifications that can be used by solutions/systems engineers to produce detailed technical design documentation.
- Have knowledge and ability to assess impacts of proposed solution and the need to engage build resources that may be required to modify configuration or code to support implementation of the solution.
- Follow established architectural standards, frameworks, and policies to ensure conformity and impacts to architecture standards for design under review.
- Talend ETL Development, maintain and support sustainable data movement and transformation for the enterprise-data warehouse and database technologies.
Required Knowledge And Level Of Experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience in ETL, Data Management or Data Integration.
- 5+ years in Talend as a Senior Data Engineer.
- Strategic/Management consulting experience is highly desired.
- Must have experience on one or more Talend Modules – TAC, TMC, Data Integration, Data Quality, ESB, API Design and Services and Big Data Frameworks.
- Must have worked on Talend Data Integration for 5+ years in Cloud environment and experience with Talend Admin Console (TAC).
- Experience working on the Talend Cloud Management Console Public API enabling users to manage Talend. Management Console (TMC) from an external system (for example, a scheduler, script, or program).
- Experienced Talend Architect and proficient in designing and developing mappings, transformations, sessions and workflows, and deploying integration solutions.
- Extensive experience in ETL methodology for performing Data Profiling, Data Migration, Extraction Transformation and Loading using Talend.
- Experience in delivering quality work on time with multiple, competing priorities.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions.
- Experience in identifying, analyzing and translating business requirements into conceptual, logical and physical data models in complex, multi-application environments.
- Experience with Agile and Scaled Agile Frameworks.
- Experience in identifying and documenting data integration issues, challenges such as duplicate data, non-conformed data, and unclean data. Multiple platform development experience.
- Strong experience in performance tuning of ETL processes using Talend.
- Experience in Cloud technologies such as AWS/Azure or Google cloud.
- Experience in using cloud components and connectors to make API calls for accessing data from cloud storage (Amazon S3) in Talend Open Studio.
- Apache Spark design and development experience using Scala, Java, Python or Data Frames with Resilient Distributed Datasets (RDDs).
- Development experience in databases like Oracle, AWS Redshift, AWS RDS, Postgres Databricks and/or Snowflake.
- Hands-on professional work experience with Python is highly desired.
- Experience in Hadoop ecosystem tools for real-time or batch data ingestion.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills to interface with development team members, business analysts, and project management. Excellent analytical skills.
- Talend certification is highly desired.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related degree is required.
- Open to 25% travel to the client location, as required by the client engagement.