Along with the data and analytics solutions we build for our clients, we often develop websites and apps that allow end users to search, query, and explore the data. The success of these solutions ultimately depends on whether data scientists and business analysts understand and trust them. That means they’re intuitive to use, allowing users to interact with the data according to their expectations.
We incorporate design thinking principles into our user interaction/user experience (UI/UX) consulting to put the users first and build solutions that they quickly adopt and rely on. Working collaboratively with clients, we identify stakeholders who will use or be affected by the solution and dig deep to understand their current challenges and brainstorm creative, innovative approaches to solve them.
Whether you’re building a logistics management system or a customer 360 portal, our human-centered approach leads to trusted solutions to the most perplexing challenges.
Our process includes the following phases:
- Empathize/research: Understand the user’s perspective and prioritize their needs. In this step, empathy mapping provides a visual representation of how users think, act, and feel in an effort to identify their true problems and expectations.
- Define: Define and articulate problem statements on behalf of users.
- Ideate: Come up with creative ideas for innovative and unexpected solutions that challenge assumptions, because often the most obvious answer isn’t the right one.
- Prototype: Develop a scaled-down model of the solution to evaluate users’ experiences and reactions. A prototype allows us to do this more quickly and at a lower cost before building a full-scale solution.
- Test and learn: Qualitatively test models to understand how users interact with them and why they interact the way they do. Modify as needed to address and user challenges.