UI / UX Design
Along with the data and analytics solutions we build for our clients, we often develop solutions that allow end users to search, query, and explore their data. The success of these solutions ultimately depends on whether data scientists and business users alike understand and trust them. That means they’re intuitive to use, allowing users to interact with the data according to their expectations.
We incorporate design thinking principles into our user interaction/user experience (UI/UX) consulting to put the users first and build solutions that they quickly adopt and rely on. Working collaboratively with clients, we identify stakeholders who will use or be affected by the solution, dig deep to understand their current challenges, and brainstorm creative, innovative approaches to address them.
Whether you’re building a logistics management system or a customer 360 portal, our human-centered approach leads to trusted solutions for the most perplexing challenges.
Our process includes the following phases:
- Empathize/research: The first step in our UI/UX design consulting process is understanding the user’s perspective and prioritizing their needs. In this step, empathy mapping provides a visual representation of how users think, act, and feel in an effort to identify their true problems and expectations. Here, the goal is to gain an in-depth understanding of user behavior and how this behavior influences UI/UX design. For example, if research shows minimal engagement with specific reports, our teams can help pinpoint root causes and develop targeted solutions.
- Define: Next, we define and articulate problem statements on behalf of users. Put simply, this part of our UI/UX design services focuses on creating clear and concise statements of problems or challenges that can be transformed into action. By contextualizing shared issues, we can create comprehensive solutions.
- Ideate: When it comes to UI/UX design solutions, every idea is welcome, but not every idea is part of the final product. That’s why we prioritize collective brainstorming efforts that deliver creative ideas and challenge assumptions — because often the most obvious answer isn’t the right one. Our ideation process also helps explore a wide variety of solutions rather than focusing on a single, familiar narrative. By thinking outside the design and development box to consider all potential options, Wavicle leverages the critical component of human imagination but balances it within the context of design.
- Prototype: With research, definitions, and ideation complete, it’s time to build a prototype. Using UI/UX design best practices, we develop a scaled-down model of the solution to evaluate users’ experiences and reactions. By opting for a prototype approach, you save time and money. Prototypes are faster and cheaper to build than full-scale applications and make it possible to gauge user reactions at a small scale before choosing to move forward or going back to the drawing board.
- Test and learn: UI/UX work is never done. Using our UI/UX design platform, we qualitatively test models to understand how users interact with them and why they interact the way they do. Then, we help your team modify solutions as needed to address user challenges.