About the Role
We are looking for a Snowflake Architect who will perform mission critical duties in our data engineering strategy, contributing to and leading the development of our Enterprise Data and Analytics Platforms. A passionate professional who can blend the ever-evolving technology landscape of Cloud and Advanced Analytics with responsibilities to provide input on implementation and administration methodologies to management.
The Snowflake Architect will mainly be responsible to develop, optimize and oversee company’s logical, conceptual, and physical data model and provide recommendations. This role will be responsible for expanding, optimizing, and monitoring our expanding data pipelines through meticulous architecting, intelligent business logic, consistent data governance, testing and continuous delivery.
- Deep understanding of relational as well as NoSQL data stores, methods and approaches (star and snowflake, dimensional modelling).
- Experience with data security and data access controls and design in Snowflake.
- Proficiency in complex SQL, Unix Shell/Python Scripting, performance tuning and database optimization techniques.
- Must have expertise in AWS Platform as a Service (PAAS) model and its integration with Snowflake to load/unload data.
- Implement cloud-based Enterprise data warehouse solutions with multiple data platforms along with Snowflake and NoSQL environment to build data movement strategy.
- Lead in Developing Project requirements for end-to-end Data integration process using ETL for Structured, semi-structured and Unstructured Data.
- Make necessary on-going updates to modeling principles, processes, solutions, and best practices to ensure that the Snowflake is aligned with business needs of the environment.
- Act as Data domain expert for Snowflake in a collaborative environment to provide demonstrated understanding of data management best practices and patterns.
Required Knowledge and Level of Experience
- 8+ years of experience implementing data management solutions (Required).
- Management consulting experience (Highly Desired).
- Expertise in Snowflake concepts like setting up Resource monitors, RBAC controls, scalable virtual warehouse, SQL performance tuning, zero copy clone, time travel and automating them.
- Experience in handling semi-structured data (JSON, XML), columnar PARQUET using the VARIANT attribute in Snowflake.
- Experience in in re-clustering of the data in Snowflake with good understanding on Micro-Partitions.
- Experience in Migration processes to Snowflake from on-premises database environment.
- Experience in designing and building manual or auto ingestion data pipeline using Snowpipe.
- Experience in Cloud technologies such as AWS – S3, SQS, EC2, Lambda, Redshift, RDS
- Design and Develop automated monitoring processes on Snowflake using combination of Python, PySpark, Bash with SnowSQL.
- SnowSQL Experience in developing stored Procedures writing Queries to analyze and transform data.
- Certified Snowflake cloud data warehouse Architect (Desirable).
- Open to travel up to 50% a month to client location (TN).