About the Role
We are looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer who will help in building, maintaining and monitoring the platform that powers API products, AWS Services and machine-learning applications. Seeking a passionate professional who can make infrastructure easier to understand and maintain and manage many service primitives (e.g. security, metrics, logging) to help orchestrate services and machine-learning applications ecosystem.
The ideal Sr. DevOps Engineer would be self-driven and able to thrive in collaborative environments with high degrees of autonomy. Our primary goal is to build systems with new features and provide value to our customers as fast as possible.
- Create fully functional CI/CD pipelines for staging and production deployment for API services, data processing services, and machine learning models.
- Continue setting up AWS services in Dev using CloudFormation stack.
- Deploy AWS services in production using CloudFormation.
- Writing CloudFormation scripts for managing AWS resources, making changes as necessary.
- Making changes to development and production environments.
- Manage development & production workloads in different AWS accounts.
- Maintain separate Code Pipelines for services, data processing & machine learning.
- Support data science team with requirements in AWS.
- Participate in daily stand ups.
- Provide documentation of code/functionality at the end of each phase.
- Provide frequent demos for each stage.
- Should be able to work independently.
Required Knowledge and Level of Experience
- 5+ years experience working as a DevOps engineer is required.
- Experience in strategic/management consulting is highly desired.
- Experience with writing AWS CloudFormation for the following services):
- API Gateway
- Athena tables
- Code Transfer Files
- DynamoDB Tables
- ECR container
- Event Bridge
- Feature Store Feature Groups
- Glue crawlers
- Kinesis Data Analytics application
- Kinesis Firehose
- Lambda Function
- Step Function
- AWS CloudPipelineBuild and Maintain Multiple Pipelines for different environments
- Cross AWS Account Execution. Pipeline will be created in one environment but should be able to execute changes in different AWS accounts
- Trigger Pipeline as soon as code is checked in
- Approval stages for production deployments. Auto approval for dev environment
- AWS CloudBuild
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree is required.
- Must be open to up to 25% national travel to the client location, as required by the client engagement.