About the Role
Wavicle Data Solutions seeks an HR Director to help with our next generation of growth. This is one-of-a-kind opportunity for an entrepreneurial HR leader who wants to join a success-oriented team. At Wavicle, PEOPLE is what we are all about. We are seeking an HR leader who is hands-on and at the same time, will help Wavicle build the processes and organization that will scale for several years. We are a “no drama” culture, and we are highly supportive of our employees. This is a multi-faceted job that will involve partnering with the leadership team, serving our employees, and building a topnotch HR department. The HR Director will work closely with other department leaders and P&L owners to successfully design and execute HR programs that support Wavicle’s mission and goals.
- Strategic planning: own and execute company’s HR initiatives of the company’s roadmap.
- Talent development: define and execute programs to coach, develop, train and retain top talent.
- Total rewards: ensure our compensation, benefits and perks attract and retain top talent and align with business needs.
- Benefits design and administration: steward external partnerships to ensure competitive benefit offerings, employee education and regulatory updates and processes (i.e., open enrollment).
- Employee communication: Initiate and own internal employee communications regarding HR information, including workplace surveys to sustain top workplace stature
- Performance management: design and continually evolve goal setting, review and development planning for all employees.
- Talent acquisition: partner with Director of Talent Acquisition to ensure best talent is identified and retained.
- Learning & development; manage job architecture for career development and employee growth opportunities.
- Compliance: Maintain in-depth knowledge of national employment law thereby reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Employee relations: Lead the end-to-end resolution of employee issues and questions by demonstrating a clear understanding of the issue and resolving all issues/questions in a timely and professional manner; create and communicate Wavicle’s employee policies and procedures.
- Payroll; Manage all national payroll processes to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- HCM: Lead and own HCM application assessment, implementation and ongoing maintenance.
- Ensure maintenance of accurate and up-to-date employee records.
- Optimize data to strategically identify trends and formulate conclusions based on the information gathered to collaborate with leaders on business decisions (turnover, exit interviews, employee surveys, etc).
- Work with employee managers to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase retention.
- Point of contact for employee safety measures (i.e., COVID-19).
- Stay fresh on industry trends & HR innovations and make recommendations to enhance the team experience at Wavicle.
Required Knowledge and Experience Level
- 10+ years of HR experience, ideally with an IT professional services organization.
- Minimum of 5 years leading internal HR teams.
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility with an organization.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must have demonstrated experience in prioritizing competing demands.
- Expert skills with organizational and interpersonal awareness.
- Exceptional leadership skills, including leading employees that report to other managers.
- High degree of proficiency with creating presentation materials and spreadsheets.
- Ability to quickly develop credibility with and influence all levels of associates and management alike.
- Self-directed and have experience in facilitating meetings, utilizing effective presentation skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions, evaluate people, manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Expert level of Microsoft Office and Google Suite of tools.
- Expert level of HCM applications such as Kronos, ADP, etc.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Human Resources or related degree.
- Position is located and will report into the Chicago, IL office(s).