About the Role
We are looking for a Data Scientist with 2+ years experience in the text analytics / NLP space to analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our client’s business. We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights. In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We want to see a passion for machine-learning and research. Your goal will be to help our company analyze trends to make better decisions. Furthermore, you will be a key part of our team developing cutting-edge solutions to help clients apply ML/AI approaches to text, voice, and video information across their enterprises to drive business value.
- Work closely with a team of other data scientists, data engineers and business analysts
- Develop models such as time series forecasting, clustering, and classification, both from scratch and using cloud services
- Develop NLP models such as entity extraction, classification, and translation
- Statistically validate a model’s performance
- Maintain and monitor models through the entire ML lifecycle
- Support, deploy, and serve models
- Advise and assist in the creation of ETL pipelines, databases, and supporting architecture
- Translate business needs into technical requirements, and explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
Required Knowledge and Level of Experience
- 3+ years of professional experience as data scientist, or machine learning engineer
- 2+ years in the text analytics / NLP space
- Experience leveraging AWS Comprehend
- Familiarity with other AWS services and cloud computing in general
- Deep understanding of predictive modeling, machine-learning, clustering and classification techniques, and algorithms
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience in quantitative analytics or Data Science (including academic experience)
- Python, Pandas, Numpy, Matplotib Scikit coding skills
- Fluency in a programming language (Python, C, C++, R Spark, SQL)
- Agile development experience and familiarity with tools and methods (Jira, Git, Confluence, etc.)
- Familiarity with Big Data frameworks and visualization tools
- Good understanding of the Cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure) environments
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in quantitative fields (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- Effective at telling stories with data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Creative drive to try data tools, and explore and discover insights from data
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Advanced technical degree, M.S., Ab.D., Ph.D. etc.
- DevOps, DataOps, or MLOps experience.
- Proficiency with Databricks and/or Spark environments. (PySpark, SparkR).
- Knowledge of modern NLP techniques, including transformers
- Familiarity working in a pure linux/unix environment