Senior Power BI Developer
Wavicle Data Solutions, a rapidly growing data analytics solutions consulting firm, could be the right fit for you.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Senior Power BI Developer with a BS/MS in Computer Science or Information System and/or considerable work experience in similar fields. The ideal candidate will have the following skills.
- Experience of 5+ years in data preparation, data gateway and data warehousing projects.
- Experience of 5+ years and familiarity with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack having Power BI, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS.
- 3 to 4 years of experience working with a self-service tool, preferably Power BI.
- Should be familiar and experienced in SQL.
Roles and Responsibilities
- At least 5 years of experience in Business Intelligence and Data Visualization Consulting.
- Power BI development and administration.
- Building Analysis Services reporting models.
- Developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop.
- Connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data for Business Intelligence.
- Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
- Able to implement row level security on data and have an understanding of application security layer models in Power BI.
- Proficient in making DAX queries in Power BI.
- Strong PowerBI experience is required including PowerBI Premium and Embedded
- Expertise in using advance level calculations on the data set.
- Responsible for design methodology and project documentation.
- Able to develop tabular and multidimensional models that are compatible with warehouse standards.
- Adept in developing, publishing and scheduling Power BI reports as per the business requirements.
- Able to properly understand the business requirements and develop data models accordingly by taking care of the resources.
- Should have knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis.
- Should have knowledge and skills for secondary tools such as Microsoft Azure, SQL data warehouse, PolyBase, Visual Studio, etc.
- Able to integrate Power BI reports into other applications using embedded analytics like Power BI service (SaaS), or by API automation. Also, one must be experienced in developing custom visuals for Power BI for different users.
- Experience working on Power BI security with Web.
- Working knowledge on Web portal integration to Power BI.
- Clear understanding of Data Security and understand the different report views.
- Worked in big data environments (HDInsights, Hadoop/Spark, Azure Databricks) , cloud data stores (Azure Cosmos DB, Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Lake, SQL Data Warehouse), different RDBMS (Azure PostgreSQL, Azure MySQL, Oracle, etc.) and OLAP solutions.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience with Tableau development.
- Python programming skills
- Cloud computing : using GCP / AWS
- Experience with data modeling for data visualization and reporting.
- Experience with other business information tools (SAP BOBJ, Cognos, MSTR)
- Azure PostgreSQL
- Design thinking proficiency.
- Technical team leadership experience.
- Results-driven, with the ability to take initiative, handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
- At least 4 years of experience with PowerBI dashboard development.
- At least 4 years of experience with PowerBI admin and architecture.
- U.S. Citizenship or Green Card Holder.
- A clear concise Resume NOT more than 5 pages long.
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects
- Public speaking skills are required
- Prior experience with application delivery using an Onshore/Offshore model.
- Demonstrates high standards of professional behavior in dealings with clients, colleagues and staff.
- Strong written communication skills. Is effective and persuasive in both written and oral communication.
- Experience with gathering end user requirements and writing technical documentation
- Time management and multitasking skills to effectively meet deadlines under time-to-market pressure
Remote during COVID, Onsite Post COVID (Chicago, IL )