Mulesoft Engineer (Contractor)
About the Role
As a Mulesoft Engineer you will be responsible for designing and connecting APIs (Application Programming Interface) that enables various applications to communicate with one another to assist with the client’s digital transformation process.
- Create, update and enhance written processes and documentation with a focus on ease of understanding and completeness
- Participate in change management and incident management processes
- Develop relationships and work alongside other functional IT groups such as development, networking, storage, database and security
- Participate in on-call rotation, receiving and responding to daytime and after-hours alerts
- Track defects and works with business owners and users to triage bugs and manage backlog tasks.
- Assist in planning, design and execution of the application support function
- Perform a variety of troubleshooting and coding tasks using C#, .NET, MuleSoft, SQL, and other technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required. Equivalent professional experience.
- Expertise with enterprise technologies including applications, storage platforms, database, network switching, and security infrastructure within a virtualized data center
- 5-7 years of MuleSoft API lifecycle development and management experience
- Experience with SQL, SSIS, JAMS Scheduler
- Experience with providing and maintaining transformations and APIs across technology platforms, including SQL Server, Salesforce, and other technologies
- Working knowledge of disaster recovery, high availability and other technologies and principles that support business continuity, experience with DR capabilities
- Ability to use a broad portfolio of open-source technologies and cloud services
- Experience with automation/configuration management
- Extensive knowledge of middleware integration libraries and components for purposes of troubleshooting
- In-depth understanding of application performance testing and best practices; with the ability to properly tune complex and high-traffic applications/systems
- Knowledge and understanding of server, applications, network and systems.
- Experience with technical writing and document management/control practices.
- Development lead role experience is a must.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Client handling experience is a must.
- MuleSoft Cloud experience is a must.
- MuleSoft Certification highly preferred.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required.
- Must be open to working onsite at client location post COVID. Client is located in Chicago, IL.