About the Role
We are looking for a Messaging/Integration Engineer who will be responsible for all aspects of the enterprise messaging platform development on AWS Cloud with shared responsibility to develop processing layers using Lambda functions. Messing/Integration Engineer must be aware of the entire lifecycle including development of system specifications, support of system integration, enhancement of streaming technologies, and systems software verification activities. Suitable candidate is responsible for any combination of programming, analysis, networking, data processing, database design and administration, end user support, and data security. Covers a broad range of technology functions rather than focusing on one specific area.
The Messing/Integration Engineer will act as a Subject Matter Expert and will work with the Security, Software, Quality Assurance, Cloud and System Administration teams among others, to ensure a strong and consistent solution that follows industry best practices and open standards.
- Architect, design and develop solution on AWS using Kafka and its ecosystem with consideration for Non-Functional Requirements (Scalability, Reliability, Availability, Observability, Fault Tolerance, Security, and Maintainability) Identify opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies.
- Assist/Implement best practices and implement various frameworks for data ingestion, transformation, logging, monitoring, alerting and reporting on AWS.
- Responsibilities include working with cross functional teams on new product development.
- Contributes to the development of real-time message solutions and integration of distributed streaming platform technologie
- Works closely with application source matter experts/business partners to determine appropriate data sources and to define integration, transformation and cleansing rules
- Create and support the data integration process to extract the data from source systems and transition to the appropriate informational data store.
- Conducts full lifecycle activities including requirements analysis and design, develop analysis and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
- Provide support with administration, configuration and troubleshooting and function as SME (Subject Matter Expert) for Messaging Platform.
- Help and guide other teams in their implementation of use cases.
- Collaborate with offshore developers/testers in order to execute projects through full lifecycle software development.
- AWS Knowledge (Intermediate Knowledge)
- Kafka Knowledge – (Confluent Cloud version) – (Advanced Knowledge)
- Kafka Connect (Cluster setup and plugins)
- ksqlDB Knowledge (Intermediate Knowledge)
- Lambda Development (Advanced Knowledge)
- Amazon Connect Knowledge (Basic Knowledge)
- AWS Services Knowledge (Intermediate Knowledge)
- Transfer Family
- Storage Gateway
- Monitoring Tools Setup (DataDog, NewRelic etc.) – (Preferred)
- Reporting Tools (Tableau/PowerBI) – (Preferred)
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree