Lead Data Engineer
Wavicle Data Solutions designs and delivers data and analytics solutions to reduce time, cost, and risk of companies’ data projects, improving the quality of their analytics and decisions now and into the future. As a privately-held consulting service organization with popular, name brand clients across multiple industries, Wavicle offers exciting opportunities for data scientists, solutions architects, developers, and consultants to jump right in and contribute to meaningful, innovative solutions.
Our 250+ local, nearshore and offshore consultants, data architects, cloud engineers, and developers build cost-effective, right-fit solutions leveraging our team’s deep business acumen and knowledge of cutting-edge data and analytics technology and frameworks.
At Wavicle, you’ll find a challenging and rewarding work environment where we enjoy working as a team to exceed client expectations. Employees appreciate being part of something meaningful at Wavicle. Wavicle has been recognized by industry leaders as follows:
- Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces
- Inc 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the US
- Crain’s Fast 50 fastest growing companies in the Chicago area
- Talend Expert Partner recognition
- Microsoft Gold Data Platform competency
About The Role
Wavicle Data Solutions, LLC seeks a Lead Data Engineer.
- Provide Data Ingestion & Analytics thought-leadership to design and implement data lakes, real-time ETL, and batch processing of data to support modeling and analytics needs.
- Design, build, and test data ingestion and ETL programs from a variety of source systems (both unstructured and structured).
- Partner with Data Scientists to build and maintain internal data processing and visualization tools.
- Consult and supports IT management in the development of API’s for unstructured data and resolve upstream issues relating to data quality.
- Recommend appropriate initiatives, enhancements and development opportunities that can be utilized to meet business area objectives and drive business growth.
- Evaluate new technological developments and evolving business requirements including AI & ML models.
- Predictive analytics, data driven discovery (hidden patterns) and what-if analysis and provides for transformation of disparate data into business insights and actionable information.
- Advise on systems scalability and rapid deployment of solutions.
- May supervise other Data Engineers at the company.
- Travel/relocate to various unanticipated locations to interact with clients and train users for short and long term assignments.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Business or related field.
- Requires 2 years of experience in related roles.
- Alternative education and experience: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Business or related plus 5 years of experience.
- Requires 2 years of experience with: Talend, Amazon Redshift, Spark, Pig, Hive, Splunk, HP ALM, BI Reports, Confluence, JIRA, SQL, ETL
- In lieu of the Bachelor’s degree, will accept a single degree or any combination of degrees, diplomas, or professional credentials determined to be equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree by a qualified evaluation service or in accordance with 8 CFR § 214.2(h)(4)(iii)(D).
- Will accept any suitable combination of education, training, and/or experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Wavicle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- College Tuition Benefit
- Bonus Program