Enterprise Data & Analytics Solutions Architect
About the Role:
We are looking for a highly skilled Enterprise Data and Analytics leader that will lead a team of analysts, and manage the reporting function and specific strategic reporting projects across multiple platforms. As an experienced professional in the BI & Analytics space this individual will be relied upon to provide guidance and leadership in execution of various projects working alongside other teams. Leading the business data strategy, optimizing business intelligence tooling whilst always implementing consistent best work practices. The individual will be responsible for managing priorities for the reporting team and prioritizing work for Data Engineering and be engaged in the broader Data Management and Governance initiatives as required.
- Reporting: Manage enterprise reporting: design and development of new content, security best practices, manage activities of Reporting Analysts(s)
- Lead efforts to provide insights, KPI’s and reporting to the entire organization
- Lead a team of Report Developer(s) and Enterprise System Analyst(s)
- Work with various business stakeholders and leadership to foster collaboration and support between IT and the business
- Serve as a subject matter expert in design and visualization best practices
- Measure and demonstrate ROI for programs and activities based on key business value drivers.
- Support research efforts involving voice of the customer, qualitative and usability-oriented customer feedback, and industry trends.
- Produce high quality solutions through hybrid wireframe and visual designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps and prototypes.
- Analytics: Serve as a subject matter expert in all things data and analytics
- Perform ad hoc analysis for the business as needed
- Identify performance patterns, root causes and future business opportunities
- Perform QA and UAT of other team members work
- Data Governance to ensure reliability of customer centric data
- Ensure accurate and reliable data flow by defining and implementing operational rigor & standardization in use of system & terminology to gain efficiencies, simplify end user experience and ensure compliance.
- Prioritize initiatives and maintain a roadmap for data management improvements.
- Communicate core business processes and concepts throughout the organization
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure data integrity
- Develop terminology standards in conjunction with the business
- Liaison between IT and the business
- Work with various team members and leadership to foster collaboration and support between IT and the business
- Effectively communicate and translate business requirements from the business to other team members
- Help guide IT and leadership decisions with insights gained from working closely with the business
- Conduct regular training sessions for the business around reporting and KPIs
- Team Lead: Build trust and camaraderie between team members
- Be open to new ideas coming from team members
- Recognize and acknowledge the skills of key team members and utilize their strengths to the benefit of the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, or related field
- Excellent communication and listening skills with the ability to document methodologies, requirements, and processes
Required Knowledge And Level Of Experience
- 10+ years hands-on experience with analytics like: Campaign Marketing, Root Cause analytics, Return on Investment (ROI), forecasting, Direct Marketing, Search Engine Marketing (SEM/SEO).
- 10+ years SQL experience
- 10+ years experience with reporting tools such as MicroStrategy, Power BI or Tableau
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution
- Strong customer service focus with proven ability to connect with customers, understand needs and deliver results
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Proven track record of consistency, accuracy and accountability
- Team player who manages up team members, leadership and the organization, keeping the team informed of Business Intelligence activities, work efforts, projects, challenges and successes
- Strong Excel usage and knowledge
- Willing to be a positive mentor and guide to the team sharing knowledge and experience where needed