About the Role
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer who will perform mission critical duties in our data visualization strategy, contributing to and leading the development of our Enterprise Data and Analytics Platforms. A passionate professional who can blend the ever-evolving technology landscape of Business Intelligence tools, like Power BI, Tableau, QuickSights, Business Objects, Looker, Thoughtspot, Cognos, etc, and business value for our customers.
The Business Intelligence Engineer will be responsible for developing, optimizing, and monitoring data visualizations through meticulous architecting, intelligent business logic, consistent data governance, testing and continuous delivery.
- Provide advanced Business Intelligence and Reporting expertise for projects that enable analytics to drive optimization of decisions for client(s), within a team of BI engineers.
- Design new methods and processes to ensure maximum effectiveness of client data.
- Partner with business/data analysts to provide solutions enabling business partners insights to their data to make decisions.
- Identify processes and tools that can be shifted towards automation to enable seamless development and self-service analytics workloads.
- Partner with various business units and data stewards to understand the business needs.
- Obtain and/or maintain technical expertise of available data preparation and visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik) as well as programming languages ( SQL, etc.)
- Ensure data is secure, relevant, and maintains high quality standards.
- Identify and implement industry best practices.
- Evaluate new data sets to determine appropriate ingestion techniques.
- Generate documentation on existing production data logic and its influencing business processes in order to reconcile knowledge gaps between the business and reporting
- 2 – 5 years of experience in delivering data visualization solutions that include reports and KPIs.
- Experience building, testing, automating and optimizing connections and reports.
- Experience using AWS, Azure, Snowflake, On-Premises Databases or similar products.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field.
- Strong understanding and prior use of SQL and be highly proficient in the workings of data technologies.
- Deep understanding of data testing techniques, and a proven record of driving sustainable change to the software development practice to improve quality and performance.
- Proficiency with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), programming languages (e.g. DAX).
- Hands-on development and delivery experience with three or more business intelligence and visualization tools including Power BI, Tableau, QuickSights, Business Objects, Looker, Thoughtspot, Cognos, etc. is required.
- Expertise selecting context-appropriate data modeling techniques, including Kimball dimensional modeling, slowly changing dimensions, snowflake, and others.
- Passion for software development and data and be highly skilled in performing data visualizations to optimize quantitative analyses on various business functions.
- Familiarity with Scrum, DevOps, and DataOps methodologies, and supporting tools such as JIRA.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate analytical and technical concepts with confidence and in an easy-to-understand fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be open to 50% travel to the client location, as required by the client.